Safety is the MGH’s Ground Handling top business priorities. We are committed to developing, implementing, maintaining and constantly improving strategies and processes to ensure that all our aviation activities take place under a balanced allocation of organizational resources, aimed at achieving the highest level of safety performance and meeting all the national and international standards, while delivering all required services to our clients.
At all levels our management and all our employees are accountable for the delivery of this highest level of safety performance, starting with the Accountable Manager onwards.
Our commitment is to:
- Support the safety management through the provision of all appropriate resources that results in organizational culture that fosters safe practices, encourages effective safety reporting and communication, and actively manages safety;
- Enforce the safety management as the primary responsibility of all managers and employees;
- Clearly define for all staff, managers and employees alike, their accountabilities and responsibilities for the delivery of the organization’s safety performance and the performance of our safety management system;
- Establish and operate a hazard identification and risk management processes, including a hazard reporting system, in order to eliminate or mitigate the safety risks of the consequences of hazards resulting from our operations or activities to a point which is as low as reasonably practicable (ALARP);
- Ensure that no action will be taken against any employee who discloses a safety concern through the hazard reporting system, unless such disclosure indicates, beyond any reasonable doubt, an illegal act, gross negligence, or a deliberate or willful disregard of regulations or procedures;
- Comply with and, wherever possible, exceed, legislative and regulatory requirements and standards;
- Ensure that sufficient skilled and trained human resources are available to implement safety strategies and processes;
- Ensure that all staff are provided with adequate and appropriate aviation safety information and training, are competent in safety matters, and are allocated only tasks commensurate with their skills;
- Establish and measure our safety performance against realistic safety performance indicators and safety performance targets;
- Continually improve our safety performance through management processes that ensure that relevant safety actions are taken and are effective; and
- Ensure that externally supplied systems and services to support our operations are delivered so that they are meeting our safety performance standards.
I support the open sharing of information on all safety issues and encourage all the employees to report any safety hazards or concerns.
With the purpose to guarantee the confidentiality of The Internal Reporting System, as Accountable Manager of MGH Ground Handling, I bind and determine all the involved company employees to follow the policy of non-punishment in respect to the person given the report or against the person being a source of information. This policy is not covering criminal infringements.
I pledge also that no staff member will be asked to compromise our safety standards to “get the job done” and no disciplinary action will be taken against any employee for reporting a safety hazard or concern to MGH Ground Handling’ management.
Our objective is the proactive management of identifiable risks and the elimination of injury to customers, personnel and damage to equipment. We will continuously examine our operations for the potential risks and hazards and find ways to minimize them to acceptable levels. We will report incidents, train the staff on safety management, document our findings and our responses, and strive for continuous improvement.
Ultimate responsibility for safety in the company rests with me as the Accountable Manager, however, responsibility for making our operations safer and safer, lies with each of us – from top managers to front-line employees. Each manager is responsible for implementing the safety management system in his area of responsibility, and will be held accountable for ensuring that all reasonable steps are taken to prevent incidents and accidents.
Date: 10 August 2018